You may have noticed that we have rather a thing for bamboo fabric at Maiocchi.
We love it SO much that we use this fabric for pretty much all of our jersey custom prints these days. Once you have worn this luxurious bamboo fabric, you won’t go back either.
So, what is this wonderful Bamboo fabric we speak of!?
We thought we’d give you the low down with some other facts that you should know about bamboo…
- Bamboo is an environmental wonder-plant.
- Bamboo is sustainable - it is one of the fastest growing plants in the world!
- Bamboo is eco-friendly - it’s naturally pest-resistant and so requires no chemicals and very little water to grow.
- As if this were not enough, bamboo absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than either cotton or timber. It also releases more oxygen into the environment which improves air quality (so it's worth getting some for your garden or even a small houseplant if you live near a main road!).
- Bamboo fabric is oh so soft and comfy to wear - Lily from the Stylish Teacher raves about it.
- Bamboo fabric is also stretchy, which is especially great for new mums and has a very low pill.
- Bamboo is hypoallergenic - the eco-friendly bamboo fibers do not irritate the skin. Gentler than many man-made fibers, bamboo is a wonderful natural solution for those with sensitive skin.
- Bamboo is breathable and thermo-regulating – you will stay comfortable whatever the weather; bamboo will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter - magic!
- Bamboo is more absorbent than cotton – it helps to wick moisture away from the skin.
- Bamboo is UV protective – it protects you from the sun’s rays, in comfort.
So, now we’ve got you up to speed on all the facts about Bamboo and this magic fabric! Wait till you try it… once you have enveloped yourself in this supremely soft, silky and luxurious fabric you will never want to look at a polyester dress again, we promise you.
Shop our bamboo styles
You can shop our bamboo jerseys by selecting 'Bamboo' on the left side key of our website, to see our ranges.
Love our bamboo styles? Let us know on Social Media! We would love to hear your stories, or if you want to leave a review, you can do so on any of our product pages and also here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Maiocchi.Fashion/reviews/ xo