Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month, and a nudge and a splinter for the first day of winter! We’re starting to feel the click of the seasons here at Maiocchi HQ, but that’s not stopping us having a nice little refreshment to kick off a new season!
Cider Rum Punch
· 1 cup dark rum
· 3 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1/2 cup simple syrup
· 1 1/2 cup apple cider
· 1/2 cup of water
· 1/2 cup of club soda
· 8 dashes of Angostura Bitters
· sprigs of thyme, garnish
· apple wheels, garnish
1. To make thyme simple syrup, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups of water and 6 thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil and reduce to simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place the syrup in the fridge to cool.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large picture or carafe with ice and stir.
3. Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill. Place a sprig of thyme inside and put an apple wheel on the rim.